Thursday 5 March 2015

Pacer CNC laser mod

I've been toying with the idea of adding a small laser to my pacer cadet 600 cnc router. I have already successfully I stalled a 2.8w blue solid state laser, that can mark and cut some materials, but not to my satisfaction. However, now I have see it can work, I plan to add a syntax J48-1 10w co2 laser directly mounted to the Z axis in place of the router. 

I have found a laser on eBay that claims to output 14.6w, when they are new they deliver about 15w, so hopefully this should have some life left in it. 


The laser has been OEN modified to have a 15pin D type connector to supply power and control. No key switch, and fuse has been tucked inside. I could change all this back to a normal setup, but think I will leave it for now.


I need I by the optics, which are around £700 unless I find them on eBay. And I need to modify my existing laser control electronics to generate the required tickle pulse needed for the J48-1. Unless i pick up a cheap UC-2000 controller. I missed a cheap one the other day, but no guarantee it would have worked!

More to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.