So having discussed the bending axle issue at length with Josh, we realised that our error was removing the thrust washers from between the coxa plates and chassis, thus allowing more movement in the axle. However, we have also lost confidence in using the same 32mm stainless steel shaft, so I asked my old Henson's work colleague and friend Dave Dunsterville to come and take a look at the design and give us his thoughts. Dave came down one Saturday to take a look at the problem, his initial though was to use two short stubs at the top and the bottom of the coxa supported by twin taper roller bearings. These bearings would have to be supported by a new housing which would have to be secured to the existing coxa plate. He then very kindly set about drawing these up in CAD so we could start the re-design process.