Thursday, 20 October 2011

New Aluminium Bell Housing

I made the new aluminium bell housing this afternoon. It was a little tricky, as I didn't have a really accurate way of measuring the steel version, and I wanted to get the alignment spot on! However, I got there in the end and the result is great.
As you can see from these two pictures the weight saving is 12.6Kg which in the grand scheme of things probably doesn't seem that much, but the machine is a little too heave, particularly at the rear end where the engine is mounted, so any saving is worth while, especially as there is still more weight to be added yet!
The finished aluminium version with acrylic inspection/tacho hatch.
The inspection/tacho hatch is so I can fire my laser tacho through the window and take an accurate RPM reading if required.