Thursday 29 April 2010

VIC-E Back up and running

Replaced the chips in VIC-E and have spent the day testing the new control electronics. Have had a few teething issues, most of which could be fixed with suppression diodes!
 
 One problem I have been experiencing is sticky relays, something I have not had an issue with before, but have read an article that defines the problem being partially caused by back EMF protection diodes. I have ordered up some zener diodes to place in series with the protection diodes which should help. However, I'm slightly concerned that the relays are arcing together, they are 6A relays, and the valves are 2.5A max, I'm sure there is a larger start-up current, but the relay should handle 15A no problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.